© Copyright. All Rights Reserved
Our next Our next Homeless Hand-Up is scheduled for Saturday, November 5th, 11am @ Civic Center Park in Denver. As usual, we will stage directly across the street from the City & County Building. This is not just a "Veterans only" event - we help any homeless person who needs assistance. We have some left over clothing from our previous events, so we really need to focus on cold weather items (hats, gloves, beanies, blankets, sleeping bags, boots, coats etc...) Last event saw us have an impact on over 100 individuals in need. This is a great opportunity to perform community service for those of you that are required to do so. We've signed-off on court ordered community service for 3 individuals previously. It's also a great opportunity to teach the next generation about "giving". Check your inboxes soon for an event invite.
This event will be held in memory of our lost brother, friend, husband, dad, uncle and USMC veteran Travis Scott. Travis participated in all of our Homeless Hand-Up events and this will be our first without him. We know you'll be there in spirit, brother!!
How can you help?
1) Make a monetary donation to veteransintrouble.com - all donations will go toward purchasing care package items (toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo etc..) and gift cards.
2) Donate clothing items - I can collect these items from you beforehand or you can bring these items to the "Hand-Up". We've had people in the past collect items from their jobs, family & neighbors and that has worked out great.
3) Donate care package items - see list in #1.
4) Volunteer your time - come join us at the event and offer a "Hand-Up" to our homeless population.
5) For those of you not in a position to donate or volunteer your time, please share this post and the event.
6) All or some of the above.